it's cream, it's stone, it's toast, it's cappuccino.
It's, well, it's magic."
New Year's weekend was an incredible flurry of events and I have not had time until this moment to sit down and write a post for you! Yesterday I was out of town with my Mum - just for the day - which was lovely. I don't know why but I always feel like going somewhere in January - whether it is on a big holiday or just on a small day trip. Maybe it's the chaos of December, but January feels like a time for winding down and getting used to the feeling of a new year. Over the weekend Barbara at 21 Rosemary Lane chose me for the Blog on Fire award! I haven't had a chance to say thankyou yet (so sorry!) and to pass the award along to five other beautiful bloggers with a few facts about myself in the mix. Here goes!...
1. My favorite colors - Pink and Green
2. My favorite pastimes - Drawing, Antiquing, Photography
3. My current favorite song - Shelter by Birdy
4. My favorite childhood story - Gwinna by Barbara Helen Berger
5. My favorite dessert - Cheesecake
My Five Beautiful Bloggers!
1. Country Style Chic is a gorgeous blog designed by Melissah! It displays beautiful photos of homes and vignettes that are fresh, elegant, and picturesque. Everytime I visit I leave with a longing for Spring.
2. Inspired Design is a blog I absolutely love to visit because there is always something new and delightful to see - whether it's a gorgeous interior, a classically beautiful outfit, or an inspiring piece of photography. I always leave with new inspiration in my pocket!
3. Champagne and Macarons is as refined and lovely as it's title. It combines the timeless beauty of old-world french elegance with modern touches here and there to create a presence and atmosphere that is absolutely captivating!
4. French at Heart is a photography blog featuring stunning photos of France and all things French. The photos at French at Heart are so beautiful and moody - it is almost like being in France itself!
5. Belle Francaise Interiors is a blog I recently discovered and love! With beautiful photos of interiors and vignettes coupled with pictures of the author's stall in the Dupre's Antique Market in Marietta Georgia - I always complete my perusal of Belle Francaise feeling a little heartsick that I can't be standing among the beautiful things in the photos!
And now for the photos I have created for today's post! I love the color ivory - I love it in furniture, on the walls, in paintings and textiles. I think it is universal and timeless. What I love more than anything is when ivory is combined with touches of gold. In the original finish on some painted antique pieces of furniture such as french or florentine - the combination of cream and gold is exquisite and can have the effect of softening and brightening a room at the same time! Here are my photos of ivory and gold objects in my home - some, like the pretty Tocca perfume, and lace scarf, were gifts this past Christmas. Enjoy and Happy New Year!