Monday, February 27, 2012

Voix Douce

"my silent friend
 will you write me another story"
                     ~Kylie Johnson
                          'Count me the stars'

   I meant to post much sooner but this weekend turned out to be just a tad busier than I had previously planned. MY SISTER GOT ENGAGED!!! This was a big surprise and everyone in my family is currently a bit shell-shocked. We are all very happy for her though and already beginning to get caught up in the thrill of wedding preparations (I have been busy going madly through all of my favorite pinterest boards, wedding blogs, and etsy stores in search of gorgeous ideas and inspirations!). At any rate this post is a little late. I wanted to share a beautiful blog I recently discovered though called Voix Douce. It is a photo blog that has some of the most beautiful and romantic pictures I have ever seen. Every photo displays old world elegance, grandeur, and beauty in spectacular abundance! I visit nearly everyday for a dose of refinement and loveliness. I know you will enjoy it! I am also including a little doodle I did recently just for fun!


























Drawing by Jennelise

9 comments:

  1. thank you so much for sharing these exquisite photos... they warmed my soul on this snowy, gray morning here in Minnesota. Exquisite. Every single photo tells a story. I'm heading over the the site to check them out... your arwork (again) just amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked everything! It truly is an amazing blog! Have a great week!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  2. Jennelise, a big Congratulations to your dear sister! I can only imagine how stunning the wedding will be..I hope you will share the photos once the happy day arrives!
    And these images are what my dreams are made of...thank you for sharing, I have the site in my favorites now.
    Lovely illustration...and I will be shopping your Etsy this week:))
    Have a splendid day, sweet friend..
    xoxo,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Irina! I can't wait to see what you will choose :)
      Jennelise

      Delete
  3. What an interesting, intricate drawing you made! And thank you for sharing yet again another blog sure to become one of my Favorites.

    Congratulations to you on the addition of a new member to your circle; your family dynamic will initially be "all shook up" but change is good, and I'm sure your sister's happiness is a bright and lovely thing to be around. How generous and loving of you to help her with the best plans! I never had a sister, and always wanted one; so many things two girls can share. It will be a little different for you now, I'd imagine, yet the best part of being sisters will remain, always and forever. We little birds do eventually fly away to a new nest of our own.

    Share more with us, what you can, as the weeks progress so that we, too, can get caught up in the wedding preparations, because I'm sure you will photograph the most exquisite things! I have never been a part of a large wedding with all the frills (mine was a rather impromptu affair!), so I would think you have many posts in the time ahead to give us the details, from dress, and hair (and shoes!), decorations, parties and favors. I hope you have lots and lots of fun with it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I will be able to share MANY things with you in the weeks to come! It will be fun! Thankyou for your kind words and encouragement. Change is always a bit scary but it can lead to wonderful things!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  4. Wishing your sister a wonderful engagement and marriage. This is a magical time of her life. These photos are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing this site with us. I look forward to wedding posts.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow -- I have to head over there and check it out! I want to climb into each of these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That blue trim dress is stunning! So romantic, like a beautiful dream.

    ReplyDelete