Thursday, June 7, 2012

Little Leftovers

"When the layers subside
and the fortune is empty
the pigment of our days
will echo pure
and I will be nowhere
if not with you."
~Kylie Johnson
Count me the stars

   This past saturday was a whirlwind. My sister was married in the morning and then her beautiful reception was in the evening. She looked stunning all day - from six am to the moment when she and her husband left for their honeymoon that night. Her dress was pristine white and covered with heavy beaded lace. It was my official job as maid of honor to carry her long train as she walked and to make sure she didn't step on it - which sounds much simpler than it was! The hem of her veil was studded with little crystals that sparkled when she walked. She wore pearls around her neck and diamonds on her ring finger and never, never stopped smiling. I cried when it was my turn to hug her after the ceremony. My beautiful little sister. I wasn't in charge of taking pictures at the reception but I am hoping to have photos to share with you soon. It was a truly stunning and wonderful night! I do have a few pictures to share of little 'leftovers' from the party - flowers rescued, one or two arrangements from the tables, treats and various other little odds and ends that prettily cluttered our dining room after the reception...


































(I made the sign!)

9 comments:

  1. Oh my Jennelise,

    Your "leftovers" are exquisite and, as usual, your photography is inspiring. Can't wait to see your sis on her big day.

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photo's~

    Are those hamburgers with pink buns?..... Can you please tell me more about those if that's what they are.... they look wonderful. I'm looking forward seeing more pictures of your sister's wedding. I'm sure she look stunning and the decorations... so tastefully done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thankyou for your sweet compliments! The little pink treats are called Macarons - they are like a meringue sandwich with filling in between. The pink ones were my favorite flavor that we had at the wedding - blackberry and violet. :)
      Jennelise

      Delete
  3. Your images here are absolutely spectacular. JUST GORGEOUS! I can't wait to see more and I LOVE your "little leftovers". xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a tutorial for the peony-like pink flowers in the pink china bowl? They are luscious! I'd love to know how to make them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flowers made from ribbon? I wish I knew how to make them :) They are from the beautiful online store http://www.meadowstreet.com/. I love them! They are all over my house!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  5. This is a great posting It’s exactly what I was looking for. I like your article.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only you would have leftovers that look this good! Beautiful pics,
    I can't wait to see the wedding photos! Congrats to your sister.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. That crystal "goblet" holding perfect blooms spilling over with pearls is just stunning...stunningly-beautiful! And those sparkly high heels; ooh la la!

    ReplyDelete