Saturday, November 3, 2012

Old Fashioned Ivory

"Peace -- that was the other name for
                                  home."
    ~Kathleen Norris

   I can't believe that it is November (I know I say that every month.)! A part of me is shocked that time is passing so quickly and the other part of me just wishes it was CHRISTMAS! It's coming though and I love the days leading up to it. I will just have to be patient. I have been so busy lately - thankyou to the lovely people who have been ordering commissions lately! What a wonderful, happy kind of busy! This weekend I have balanced between art"work" and family time and I have loved every minute of it. I haven't had a lot of extra minutes to take pictures this week because there has been so much happening but I did manage to snap these few and play with them late one evening. -------->What I love about my home: the softness of everything, the flowers, the ivory walls, the way everywhere you look there is something pretty, the ambience, the coziness, and all of the old-fashioned things.

P.S. I included a my favorite corner of one of my recent commissions at the end. I love the curly haired girl!













10 comments:

  1. Your home is just sheer loveliness.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennelise, you did it again! Soft, romantic, old world, dreamy - I could go on and on. I, too, like to step into a different world once I close the front door behind me and walk into my "home". I'm lucky I have an understanding husband who indulges me in my quest for yesterday with a sprinkling of today. I can't wait to see what scrumptious photos you're going to come up with for Christmas! I'm like a little kid - I can't wait! Blessings to you.

    Christine Karie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennelise, Yes, can't believe it's November. And it always goes by faster than any month! Lovely images and beautiful illustration. Enjoy your preparations for Christmas – your house is certainly a perfect backdrop for decorating!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful as always Jenny! I'm with you on how fast November has come. I can't wait for Christmas! And I look forward to seeing what kind of beautiful you will create for the holidays *winks* Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennelise, Your photos are always so beautiful. They do look old fashioned and I love that! Love the face on that clock! Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh... your home is beautiful!♥ It is a lovely, soothing refuge from the troubles of the outside world.

    The corner of your commissioned work is adorable... truly precious!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beautiful world, dear Jennelise...
    So happy that you are busy with orders. Could you please e-mail me what a custom work like the one above would cost? I would love to do this for my sister...she adores the print I ordered from you.
    palomasea@gmail.com.
    Thank you!
    Have a lovely weekend,
    - Irina :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What amazing coloured roses .... just divine!
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennelise,
    I do love it when you share all the soft loveliness that is your home. I breathe a deep sigh, and just absorb it all. Gorgeous photos! Divine.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful roses and beautiful vases!!!!!!
    xoxo...by Vicky

    ReplyDelete