Friday, March 1, 2013

Textures

"The past becomes a texture,
an ambience to our present."
                ~Paul Scott

    These last couple weeks have flown by with very few spare minutes. I have had this post ready for a little while and just haven't been able to sit down and post it! I took some pictures in february that seemed to be mostly detail shots taken very close-up and put them in a file not sure what I would do with them. I thought they were pretty though and started to play with them adding layers and textures and overlapping images until they turned into something special. I love to see what my camera does to my everyday pretty things. Sometimes I click the shutter without really thinking and later when I look at the photo I don't know how I managed to capture that particular ray of light or that single soft color. Life is made up of so many textures overlapping one another and when you stop and really look you will be amazed at how beautiful your world is. 

BRAND NEW in the etsy shop!! Custom personalized 5x7 hand drawn letters by Jennelise. As simple or as detailed as you like! 




























I am linking with:
Show and Tell Friday
Pink Saturday

13 comments:

  1. What lovely pictures! I hope someday I may be as talented with a camera. My favorite was the silverware... I have a thing for vintage spoons (and hope to use them as tree ornaments next Christmas lol)

    Thanks for sharing some pretties!
    -Jessica G from The Cabbage Rose Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many gorgeous details in your photos. Wonderful job! Your letter drawings are delightful!. Love all those tiny details too. Such a wonderful talent you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breath taking images. As always... I love them all. Thank you for sharing and have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovley deatails in your photos.. LOVE them :)
    and do not miss...

    SATURDAY SHOW OFF

    it is FUN :)
    WELCOME
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Do I like (LOVE) your photos. Especially w/sheet music. Very nicely done and makes me curious how to do similar things.
    Enjoyed my visit. Thanks! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I meant to say that the letters you featured are awesome!
    Thanks again! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your post so much. I've prepared a post for Tuesday - using the image of the music and roses (think it's the first one), telling people about your blog. If you prefer I not use your image or do the post, please let me know.

    Thanks so much, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind Jenn - links back to my blog are always appreciated. :) Thanks for stopping by and for your lovely comment! I will be sure to stop by your blog tomorrow!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  8. Hellο, thіѕ weekend iѕ gοoԁ deѕіgned for me, foг the rеason that thіs time і аm reading this gгeat eduсаtional pieсe of writing here at mу hοme.



    Ηeге іѕ my hοmepage :
    : binzib.net
    Also see my website - please click the following page

    ReplyDelete
  9. A heads up for all you Jennelise fans out there. I ordered 2 photo prints and expected to receive LOVELY. Instead, I received LOVELIER and LOVELIEST!!! Plus . . . received a tucked in LOVELY surprise. What more can I gush about? Thanx, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennelise, dear, I'm so sorry...everything went through...I'm just not on the computer every day...
    I just replied to your e-mail, thank you so much!
    Looking forward to this order... :)
    Have a great day!
    xoxo,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete