Friday, June 21, 2013

Gillyflowers

"Summer, after all, is a time when 
wonderful things can happen to quiet people."
                     ~Deb Caletti

    I am SO excited to share this post with you because I am sharing something that I have been working on for months! -A little project that captured my interest early in the year and that I have been giving time and dreaming to ever since. A new addition to the Jennelise Etsy Shop that my beautiful Mum and I have created together. It was her idea actually - she saw a picture somewhere and said "We could do that!". We have been collecting materials for awhile and experimenting and here is the result. In honour of my Mum these little beauties are called GILLYFLOWERS (pronounced Jill-ee flowers after her name Gillian). They are handmade lace flower brooches which we have made using beautiful vintage and silk lace trims, birdcage netting, french ribbons and trims, and vintage baubles. They are lovely and can be used in so many ways! Find them in the Shop now and have a peek at these photos I took of them to get you inspired! 






























I am sharing with:

20 comments:

  1. such gorgeous vintage beauty! wow, you and your mu are most impressive. you've created some really wonderful flowers. happy pink saturday! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Michele! We have had a lot of fun making them and collecting pretty pieces of lace and embellishments. Thanks for stopping by!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  2. The flowers are lovely! What a lot of work you have in them, but they add so much. Thank you for sharing your ideas. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jennelise,

    What beautiful photographs
    and I love the flowers.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Bear Hugs,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Jennelise....like everything that you do!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW what a very beautiful and glorious flower creation. Wonderful ideas on how to use it too. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jennelise! These are exquisite! And so beautiful styled and presented, as always. I can imagine what a joy they are to create and even more so because you and your Mom are doing it together. I wish you great success in the shop with them!

    Have a lovely weekend.

    G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! I had a lot of fun photographing them :) You are always so kind!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  7. lovely!
    creation and presentation.. ty for sharing & for visiting me @ FHC !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! And of course, I really like their name. :)

    Jillian
    Bella Rosa Antiques

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes it is a very pretty name I agree :) Thanks for stopping by!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  9. You should be excited. These photos are all lovely. What fun to create with Mum and share such lovely ideas. Best Wishes for your new adventure. A big hit in my book! Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful. Your presentation is simply stunning. I am sure they will be a success. Good luck..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful doesn't even describe how lovely these are!! I always look forward to your ideas! Bravo to you and your mom! Awesome to do mother and daughter creations, please include me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jennelise, so elegant and simply beautiful. It's such a treat to visit your blog, the way you present it all, just stunning.
    Sending blessings.
    xxx
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, Jennelise, I am IN LOVE with these!!! How exquisite! Your photos are spectacular as always...
    Your creations are made even more special when it's a collaboration with your dear mom....and I love how you have named these beauties....
    Congratulations!!!
    Thank you so very much for coming by to visit...always such a treat to see you chez moi! :)))
    Hugs,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  14. O my they are very beautiful Jennelise, I love how they turned out.. I love your blog to the fullest... thank you Happy Wednesday with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your 'Gillyflowers' are gorgeous Jennelise. Thanks for sharing them at Shabbilicious Friday. I will be featuring them at tomorrow's party, so please pop over and pick up a featured button.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so lovely, Jennelise, and you've shown so many uses for them! I think it's so sweet and special that you and your Mum created them together.

    ReplyDelete