Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas Presents

"When we recall Christmas past,
we usually find that the simplest
things - not the great occasions -
give off the greatest glow of happiness."
                        ~Bob Hope

   This Christmas I have enjoyed wrapping gifts sooooo much! I decided to really take my time with each one and try to make them all a little special. I tried new ideas for ribbon and paper flowers that I saw on pinterest and experimented with different shapes and trimmings. The result was that it could take me up to three hours to wrap one present and my room was usually full of bits of paper, glue, glitter, and what not by the time I was done. :) I love how they turned out though. As usual I went for a pastel and gold theme with the odd splash of a brighter colour. The tissue paper flower is my favourite I think! I had 18k gold ink everywhere by the time I was finished. The looks on my family's faces when I put the presents under the tree and they came to examine them were well worth the effort though! 





























I am sharing with:

15 comments:

  1. Wow, these are stunning! I can see why it takes so long to wrap each one, but they are well worth the time and effort. Your bows alone are beautiful presents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jennelise you out did yourself wrapping your gifts, they are a gift within a gift ;-)

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. l can see why your family would be stunned when you put your pressies under the tree....your gift wrapping is soo gorgeous....no-one will want to ruin the wrapping by opening them. l agree your tissue paper rose is fantastic, you'll have to make a few for your etsy shop:-) The velvet ones are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just to pretty to open! How spectacular it all must look under the tree. I'm in love with that oh so cute cane back-seat chair...just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have learned to put the extra effort into the packages that are being given to people who will appreciate it, and to keep it simple for those who will not. It is nice that your family appreciates all of your efforts. Your decorations are a gift in themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are over the top gorgeous Jennelise! I would love to be able to do this again one day. You are so talented and generous with your gifts and I am grateful you share this beauty for us all to admire even if we don't receive such magnificently treated gifting.....I'd probably never open it......eventually maybe :D.....thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to ask about the 18K gold ink? can you tell what you mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thankyou for your sweet comment! I always love to hear from you - you make my day :) I use an 18k gold leaf pen from the Krylon company for my artwork. There is nothing like them but I have to be a bit careful because sometimes the ink will leak out very fast. Thanks again and Merry Christmas!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  8. WOW! they are so gorgeous. I think the wrapping is a gift within itself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Un adorabile,magico Natale pastello!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennelise, I absolutely adore you blog, and your pinterest. I love all things vintage and this is extremely inspiring; its just so exquisite! Have a Merry Christmas! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my Jennelise, your photos are spectacular. What gorgeous gift wrapping. I would love to receive one just for the gorgeous gift paper and velvet roses. Truly amazing.

    Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a blessed 2015.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  12. So gorgeous, Jennelise! These are just exquisite! Well worth the effort, doesn't matter what's inside, I'd never open my gift! LOL Beautiful.
    I wish you a happy and blessed holiday season.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love everything about your style! It has given me SO many ideas on how to give my bedroom a face-lift. Many thanks. I will be following your blog often from now on!
    Laurainne

    ReplyDelete