Saturday, October 3, 2015

A Jewel Box

"O suns and skies and clouds of June,
And flowers of June together,
Ye cannot rival for one hour
October's bright blue weather."
                         ~Unknown

   I remember the year that my sister and I both decided that we needed jewelry boxes. Not those sweet childish things with a revolving ballerina and a tinkling song, but something grown up and sophisticated where our baubles and heirlooms could be displayed elegantly. After much searching I chose a square cream coloured leather box with a silver key. It was beautifully made and matched the creamy colour scheme of my bedroom. When my trinkets were placed carefully inside I'll admit to you I felt very chic. :) My sister searched for another year before she found one that suited her. A large wooden jewelry box painted with cherry blossoms that sits grandly on her bureau. I thought I would open this treasure chest one day out of curiosity and ended up running off with it to take pictures. I never know what I am going to photograph from one day to the next but I can say that my sister and her unique style are always an inspiration to me. Who isn't enchanted by the idea of what might lie inside a pretty box with a little key...
















4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, as always!!
    Hugs
    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Jennilise.....

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very, very pretty"!!!! I love it and the photos of it are gorgeous. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful jewelry box...so feminine! I love anything that has a little key to open up and discover new treasures!

    ReplyDelete