Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Christmas...the very word!

"Christmas! The very word brings
joy to our hearts. No matter how we
may dread the rush, the long Christmas 
lists for gifts and cards to be bought and
given - when Christmas Day comes there
is still the same warm feeling we had as
children, the same warmth that enfolds
our hearts and our homes. "
                     ~Joan Winmill Brown

    I love any chance to decorate and decorating for Christmas has always been one of my most favourite things! There is something about the Christmas season that endlessly inspires me.  It is a season for gathering together and joyfully spending time with family and friends. I love to have "tea parties" and transform the dining room into a wonderland (I do this year round but at Christmas there is something extra special about it :). I lay out my best Limoges china and fill vintage cake stands with pretty treats. Whether these parties are small or large they always have an intimate atmosphere. This year I am pretty obsessed with soft colours. Vintage silvers and golds and, of course, pink. I love pearls at Christmas! I hope these pictures inspire you to have a little holiday tea party of your own!















16 comments:

  1. They are simply beautiful soft and warm shimmering... Thank you for sharing with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for stopping by Janice and for your lovely comment!
      Jennelise xo

      Delete
  2. Oh how beautiful, my favorite so far of the new decor online! xxx....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind Brooke! Thankyou so much!
      Jennelise xo

      Delete
  3. So pretty soft and feminine just my cup of tea......

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas looks especially beautiful at your home. It is all just gorgeous- with the soft cream and pink and white. I love it. Hope you had a wonderful day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Diana! Those are my most favourite colours year round :) I hope you have a lovely weekend!
      Jennelise xo

      Delete
  5. Beautiful Jennelise...your little gold tree is so lovely, as are your handmade pink ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you so much!! You are so sweet!
      Jennelise xo

      Delete
  6. Jennelise, Will the Christmas trees be for sale on etsy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ruthie!
      I'm afraid at the moment I am a bit swamped with custom orders for the trees and other handmade items! I have sold every tree that I originally listed in the store. The only size that I am making for customers right now is a smaller one roughly 5 inches tall. I'm sorry I didn't anticipate how popular they would be and they take me quite a bit of time to make (they are very detailed) so my turn around hasn't been very fast! If you want to message me for more details on Etsy please do!
      Jennelise xo

      Delete
  7. Stunning! What an Enchanting Christmas Vision you have Created! Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog through the feature in Daphnes Dairy and absolutely fell in love with it - your photos are so beautiful! Thank you very much for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete