Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Books and Pictures

"I don't do fashion. I am fashion."
                        ~Coco Chanel

   Happy New Year! I can't wait to see what 2017 will bring! It is exciting to begin a new adventure each year. I haven't made any new years resolutions except to be happier in the moment and expect good things! I am always in the mood to stay close to home in January and the extremely cold weather and falling snow has made that even more appealing. I was given some beautiful books for Christmas this year and have decided to share a few with you today. I love books about Paris and fashion! My two favourites right now are the gorgeous newest publications by Laduree - Laduree Savoir Vivre: The Art of Fine Living and Paris by Laduree: A Chic City Guide. I just love that The Art of Fine Living comes inside a pretty pink box too! I was also given a sweet Fashion Style Book with cute illustrations and style tips. If it has beautiful pictures I am always sold. I hope that the year has started well for everyone! I am excited to see what will inspire me this year! 

To go along with the theme of Fashion and French style here are a couple youtube videos that I love: 

Jeanne Damas' Guide to French Pharmacies & Beauty Products by Vogue 
(I should say that I have started using some of the products she mentions and they are WONDERFUL!)


Camille Rowe's Take on French Vs. American Girl Style by Vogue
(This one just makes me giggle)
























If you have ideas for what you would like to see in the blog this year please feel free to share them with me in the comments section or you can message me on my Facebook Page or Instagram



3 comments:

  1. What wonderful books you shared here. Happy New Year to you and I, too, always embrace a new year with joy and optimism. I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful rest of the week. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited! Just recently I got a copy of "Savoir Vivre: The Art of Fine Living". I can look at it for hours! I have two other Laduree books, one was given to me several years ago, "Laduree: Decoration and Inspiration"...love it! Another book, I can't recall how or where I acquired it: "Laduree Almanac: Perpetual". Another "get lost in it" book! Aren't these dream books so luxurious?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Je vous souhaite une très bonne année chère Jennelise, créative et romantique et pourquoi pas un voyage à Paris !! :)

    ReplyDelete