Friday, January 19, 2018

Decor Inspiration

"Your home should tell the 
story of who you are, and be 
a collection of what you love."
                 ~Nate Berkus

   The last few months have been a whirlwind of exciting new experiences! My husband and I have now been married for 6 months! How time flies. I am beginning to really feel at home in my new space and getting excited to decorate and bring more of my own presence into each room! I have spent a lot of time planning and looking for inspiration and I thought it might be fun to show you some of that "research". :) You never know - maybe some of my ideas will inspire you in your homes and I would love to know which of them you think I should run with! To begin with here is an inspiration board I made with a few of the ideas I am mulling over...



The very first thing I wanted to do when I moved into my husband's house was buy a mantle mirror for above the fireplace. I simply love that look! I actually tried three mirrors before I decided on the one that I have now (which I will show you in a later post!). This one from Anthropologie definitely started me dreaming...


I love the Trumeau style. I couldn't get away from my love of vintage though and I always felt like I wanted something round like this... 


I also think that curtains are a huge part of making a room look cozy. I was looking for something soft and neutral like this.. 


Or this...


Lamps are something that I looked at online for hours. Soooo many styles to choose from. I ended up liking quite a few. This lamp from Regina Andrews is one of my favourites. But in white or silver? 



Of course this pink glass lamp from Bella Cottage made me swoon...


Art is very important in a home. It adds depth and colour and really speaks to your individual personality. I love Pino...


But I have also been looking at subtle and soft pieces like this one from Studio McGee...


Or perhaps some lovely photography? These are so beautiful from Georgianna Lane... 



I would love to have a beautiful gallery wall too...



Furniture is important because you want pieces that will last and that you won't get tired of. I think everyone already knows that I am drawn to the French style...



I adore this little bureau from French Market Collection!

And of course after you have all of the staple pieces to fit your room you have to accessorize and my favourite accessory for a home is flowers... 


What are your decor ideas?

Credit for photos to: 
https://www.sfgirlbybay.com/2017/07/17/mantel-inspiration-for-the-summer-season/

http://blog.caitlinwilson.com/

http://bibbyandbrady.co.nz/blog/

http://jenkinsinteriors.com/portfolio/details/

http://agiftwrappedlife.blogspot.ca/search?updated-max=2011-08-26T11:38:00-04:00

1 comment:

  1. You have collected so many beautiful choices! All of them are reflective of you and your personality, how can you choose? But, how lovely and inspiring that you and your husband have your entire lifetime together to create your perfect home; so exciting! If I had to choose the Regina Andrews I liked best, my choice would be the white one. I was also taken with the soft photography of Georgianna Lane, makes me just want to sigh. Enjoy every moment of creating and designing your home, these are the moments you will treasure forever.

    ReplyDelete