Saturday, December 10, 2011

Around the Christmas Tree

"Our hearts grow tender with childhood
memories and love of kindred, and we are
better throughout the year for having, in
spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time."
                   ~Laura Ingalls Wilder

  I braved a shopping mall today (crazy I know but I had the day off) - didn't find what I was looking for but had a fun and festive time anyway! This week I was given a tripod by my extremely generous and lovely boss who is himself a photography pro. The first thing I did with it was take pictures of our Christmas tree and decorations set up in the family room. I couldn't get any good pictures before because the light is so dim in there and I couldn't hold my camera steady enough! With the help of my new tripod I think I have captured everything pretty well! Thankyou Bill! My Mum decorates the tree and made the garland on the mantle - years of collecting and adding treasures! I hope you like the pictures and the little drawing I have included as well. Happy Holidays!

This week I am joining the Saturday Show Off blog party at The Rose Garden in Malevik.
























Drawing by Jennelise

8 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous decorations, your mother is so clever as are you, love the illustration.
    xxx Dj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so beautiful, Jennelise! What a joy it must be to be surrounded by such beauty..love the winter white. Tres romantique!!
    And I would love to see your gorgeous illustration on a Christmas card:)))
    Hugs,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous. Wish I had the talent

    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! Amazing Tree and I love the Gold, White and Silver theme! Your photos are always stunning Jennelise!! I am not brave enough to go Mall shopping this year - I am wary of big crowds. Your drawing is the perfect Christmas touch! Merry Holiday, xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So dreamy and beautiful
    X
    V
    Vt Interiors

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your mom has beautiful decorations! I can see where you get your romantic spirit from! And I love your drawing of the Christmas tree, too.
    Christmas Blessings
    dawne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! I adore all the dripping pearls everywhere I look! Vanna

    ReplyDelete