Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Candle

"A Christmas candle is a lovely thing;
It makes no noise at all,
But softly gives itself away."
              ~Eva Logue

   I've made a recent discovery that I love candles! Not just at Christmas time but all of the time and I love the beautiful little votive holders that you can find here and there. On a recent antiquing trip I found the most gorgeous candleholder made of cut crystal. It absolutely sparkles when you light a candle inside it! I put it on the coffee table in the family room and in the evening when everyone sits there I light the candles and turn the Christmas tree lights on and it looks just magical! I took some pictures of my new favorite candle and a swag my Mum and I made this year with a large sparkly red rose and some beautiful dusted berries (P.S. The last photo is of another sparkly red flower that I found this year and think is very pretty). I hope you like them and the little drawing - it is one of a pair that I did in the 'Whoville' style. This week I am also joining two blog parties: Table Top Tuesday and Wow Us Wednesdays. I hope everyone is enjoying the Holidays!













                      Drawing by Jennelise

7 comments:

  1. I love the glow of Candlelight! Your rose arrangement is beautiful and your Christmas Tree Drawing is FABULOUS!!! It's so whimsical and lovely. Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love your red decorations. I love candles too. ^_^

    Table Top Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my what beautiful decorations, thanks for sharing I have enjoyed looking around your special place. I will follow on my way out so as I can keep in touch. I hope you will find the time to pop over to my place soon and do the same. Whilst I am here I would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and look forward to engaging more in the New Year! Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely. I've been trying some new Christmas scent candles (cinnamon or gingerbread) - it's a charming addition for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candles are wonderful I agree! I love them this time of year when rooms are a little bit cozier filled with decorations and lights. Thankyou for your lovely comments!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving all the heavenly Christmas inspiration!
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are an AMAZING artist! I love that so much! Thanks so much for your sweet note! I'm LOVING your beautiful home and am totally inspired by you!!! I'm your newest follower!

    XO,
    Aimee from ItsOverflowing
    Your Bloggy Friend

    ReplyDelete