Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Ribbons and Trims

"She used to tie her hair
up in ribbons and bows.
Sign her letters with x's and o's."
                 ~unknown

    I have had a bit of trouble with my computer lately - hopefully I can get it fixed soon! I recently discovered a wonderful little shop in town. It is a sewing/quilting shop that I happened to pop into one day and tucked into a corner were spools and spools of gorgeous french ribbons and beautiful trims. I was in heaven! Silk and ombre ribbons, little embroidered rosette trims, lace so silky it slips through your fingers, ribbons with sparkles and beads, and so, so much more! I loved it all! I bought a few things to add to my collection and then decided to photograph everything. I keep my ribbons in pretty boxes and china bowls at the moment so that I can look at them whenever I want to. I also drew a new little doodle inspired by an antique vase I saw a picture of. So many pretty things to see lately!

I am sharing with:
What's It Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesdays






















Drawing by Jennelise

14 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I had to check yours out and oh! How lovely! I can't decide which picture I like best - all your trims and ribbons are gorgeous! I love the third photo with the beautiful blingy beads, and the fourth from the bottom, all that delicate lace with the ribbon roses! But your little envelope with the red lettering takes the cake - so darling! And your drawing is wonderful - great post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I'm so glad you stopped by! I love that little hanky - I found it at the antique store where I work. It's hard to see but it says merci and gracias on each side under the lace :)
      Jennelise

      Delete
  2. Oh yes what a wonderful ribbony find. You got some beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jennelise! If I could jump through the computer screen, well, you'd have a friend ooooohhhhing and aaawwwwing all over your gorgeous laces and trims!!! I'd probably need a tissue to keep the drool in check! Your photos are just incredible...I KNOW you had so much fun getting those gorgeous shots. And we are so glad you did! I'm having a feast of beauty looking through them all.
    I guess I'm just jealous of your stash, so please show more of it!!
    Blessings,
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Doni! That's just how I was when I discovered the store with the ribbons! I had to go back the next day and get more :) I will definitely be posting more photos in the future. There were so many ribbons that I loved! Thankyou so much for your lovely comment!
      Warm regards,
      Jennelise

      Delete
  4. I just love lace. And your pictures are beautiful - thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my! You take such beautiful photos--they are as much a work of art as all the gorgeous lace and trims you showed us! I especially love the wide blush and pink laces (5th photo up from the bottom), the hanky, and the pink floral and ivory pleated trim.♥

    Thank you for the "fix"!

    xoxo

    P.S. Your so-called "doodle" is just beautiful... so feminine and romantic; I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, How pretty!! Your ribbons and trim are very nice and your photos are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! Gina

    ReplyDelete
  7. How gorgeous! I love your pretty blog! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a stunning blog. What a pleasure. Everything is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my!

    My heart is going pitter pat at all these amazing ribbons and that rhinestone heart is gorgeous. I always love visiting your beautiful blog!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jennelise~
    Wow, so feminine and splendid your vintage trims and lace are! I LOVE it ALL, especially looks so beautiful with your shabby chic china!!!! Your china pieces are PERFECT!!! Love them, and your pictures. I am a new follower and will be back to your lovely blog.
    ~ Stephanie
    my blog~ thespanishdahlia.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete