Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Autumn Dreams

"Are we not better and at home
In dreamful Autumn, we who deem
No harvest joy is worth a dream?
A little while and night shall come,
A little while, then, let us dream."
                      ~Ernest Dowson

    I have said other years that I am not a huge fan of Halloween - I'm more of a Christmas girl. That being said I do enjoy taking all kinds of photograph and doing darker coloured photoshoots is so much fun! These pictures were inspired by a vanity tray my Mother bought this summer. She painted it using ivory coloured chalk paint but before that it was a deep black colour and I had to take pictures of it it was so striking! I have been saving them all these months! I have also enjoyed making a few Halloween-inspired treasures for the Etsy Shop and I hope you will run over there to have a look! To top everything off I decided to really get in the spirit and changed my blog template and header as well - the template is from Cute and Cool Blog Accessories. What can be better than a Marie Antoinette Halloween! Happy October!


Halloween Postcards! Available at the Jennelise Rose Etsy Shop!

*********************


















I am sharing with:

13 comments:

  1. oh, its so fun to go into those richer darker shades for a minute, right? lolol...and you changed your background too? I just did mine too, different but I am loving it. Not like Nature to be stuck in one picture for ever, Nature is seasonal and changes and so should we. I JUST decided I can change up decor 4 times a year which is alot for me lol, I'm not a big fan of redoing things, but I do like seasonal changes even if we don't have them here in south Florida.
    I can't believe your mom had the courage to paint that tray! would have scared me, but it must be beautiful !! Your photography as always is beautiful! and inspiring! love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am heading over to have a peek at your new look right now! :) I always have troubles with change too but I like to revamp things as well sometimes - haha! The first photo in this post: http://jenneliserose.blogspot.ca/2013/07/peonies-and-roses.html - you can see a glimpse of the finished painted tray. I think it looks beautiful. My Mum is a genius with chalk paint! Lovely to hear from you as always!
      Jennelise xo

      Delete
    2. I have trouble with change too! lol! I keep wanting to revamp my sides and header, but it seems that my neutral color works well with the diversity of color on the blog. I think I'll have to do something more major! ugh!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jennelise, l love this look. Dark and broody, p'raps a little bit goth?? Anyway it's a perfect look for Halloween:-)) The tray pics are fantastic and are styled so beautifully with the red roses. The background Maries' are awesome. Wishing you a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh que voici une très jolie et élégante sorcière et un mignon petit chat!!! ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Helene! I hope you are having a wonderful October!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  4. Jennelise, your pictures are really beautiful and I love that tray..Thanks you for your kind comments on my post..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennelise, you are always surprising and inspiring me! I love the rich deep color, it makes the jewels sparkle all the more. The mirror tray is fabulous, the detail is amazing!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennelise, I love all these pics! The colors are so deep and rich--like a warm cabernet sipped in a candlelit room by a fire--perfect for autumn! Thank you for linking up with Inspired Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I featured your post today at Inspired Sunday--this was a gorgeous post. I have a button you can put on your blog.
    Happy Sunday!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am more of a Christmas girl, too! Lovely series of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A different side of Jennelise! ;) Isn't fun to mix things up a bit? Your talent always inspires me....beautiful!!
    Hugs,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete