Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Beauty in the Moment

"Live quietly in the moment
and see the beauty of all before
you. The future will take care
of itself..."
             ~Paramahansa Yogananda

   I discovered the above quote today and it fit so perfectly with my thoughts! I have been very stressed lately with everything that is happening and all of the demands on my time. I need to stop thinking about the future and enjoy the moment! I can get lost so easily - caught up in things that are outside of myself. I have to be reminded of who I am and get back in touch with what makes me really happy. I've said it often enough - don't forget to take time for yourself and do the things you love! 

On that note I have added sooooo many treasures to the ETSY SHOP. I was out of town for a day or two and I brought a few pretties home with me. My Mum and I have also been busy making things as well so there are some lovely handmade treasures for you to see too. I hope you will have a look! Happy October!





























I am sharing with:


16 comments:

  1. Those are all beautiful items.Thanks for visiting me and leaving such a sweet cooment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tea cup. Love the green and pink together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretties! I love the covered jug and the pink vase. The little lacy lampshade with the rosebuds is gorgeous too. Thanks for sharing and have a beautiful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty, pretties! Thank you for stopping by with your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many pretty pieces! Lovely chocolate pot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful things for your shop...Thanks for sharing....
    over from Ivy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many gorgeous pretties! I'm off to check them out. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! You have some delicate and beautiful china pieces! The lamp shades are so pretty too. Such a lovely style you have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many pretties indeed! I'm like a kid in a candy store! :)
    Jennelise, I have loved Yogananda's wisdom for many years, and that is a beautiful quote...also, the book "The Power of Now" literally changed my life...have you read it?
    Wishing you beauty and peace, lovely friend...
    xoxo,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irina!
      So lovely to hear from you! I haven't read that book - I will have to take a look. :) I read this quote and just loved it. Thankyou for your lovely words. I love it when you stop by. Have a wonderful weekend!
      Jennelise xo

      Delete
  10. Such a good reminder to take one day at a time, carving out time to replenish yourself!
    Beautiful crystal sconce in your easy.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jennelise, such beautiful treasures. I'm off to check out your shop.

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jennelise,
    Such lovely treasures! I used to have similar porcelain flowers.....think they were made in Germany during the 19th century.
    Cheers from DC,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quote and beautiful treasures, thanks for sharing them with us:) "Don't worry about the past, don't worry about the future but live in the present moment...." and what life has to offer...lovely images, specially the delicate, lacy lamp shades... so beautiful:) Thanks for visiting me! happy week! Hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such pretty things and love all of them and that collection of lace and bits are fab for making more pretty things.
    Hugs, Lynnie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful and interesting things! Love how feminine! That quotation was perfect for me. I am practicing looking at the beauty in the moments. I've been stressed and worried about the future this week--which really does take care of itself (I've lived long enough to know, so when will I stop worrying?) Thanks for bringing beautiful things and beautiful words to life!

    ReplyDelete