Thursday, July 31, 2014

China and Jewelry

"I couldn't live without 
something that touches
my heart. No one should."
             ~Donna Karan

   I have said before that I love to have something beautiful wherever I look. My style is definitely not minimalistic, but it is also not cluttered or over the top. If something doesn't touch me in some special way - bring elegance or femininity to its little corner - then I generally tend to grow tired of it. I like treasures that are timeless and reflect who I am. I have a jewelry box and yet I find that a lot of my jewelry sits out instead of tucked away in the box. I have brooches and pearls, jewelled hair clips, pendants, and beads sitting out where I can look at them on trays and in teacups. I like to hang necklaces on mirrors and doorknobs and cluster pearls in china bowls. It is more interesting! There are so many beautiful decorating ideas to try when it comes to storage and display. Teacups are a beautiful way to display jewelry. Imagine opening a drawer and the inside is covered with odd vintage cups filled with your baubles (I saw a picture of this on pinterest and I just thought it looked amazing!). Don't be afraid to try new things! Be creative! Here are a few pictures I took to inspire you... 



















I am sharing with:

12 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful posting - lovely pastels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart skipped a beat a couple times at all these pretties. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is beautiful as always. I wanted to make sure you were invited to Thursday Garden Party starting next week. I would love to see your beautiful posts included... xxx....Brooke
    http://creativecountrymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet eye candy, it's always a pleasure to drop by....

    Have a great weekend.....
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures! Your posts always inspires me <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have such precious china, roses and lace! thanks for sharing the pretties:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, Jennelise. You always find a way to make everything more beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll have a sip of pearls, thank you. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely Jennelise! Beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Vesna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful as always. Surely you have inspired people to adopt more orphan tea cups. Poor orphans!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I couldn't agree more...I love this...
    Beautiful inspiration, dear Jennelise! Thank you! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete