Sunday, May 10, 2015

Alice in Wonderland Tea Party

"Why sometimes I've believed
as many as six impossible things
before breakfast."
         ~Lewis Carroll
             Alice in Wonderland

   It's been a very busy week - I meant to do this post days ago I'm afraid. It was my sister's birthday and she decided (weeks ago) that she wanted to have an Alice in Wonderland Tea Party. I have had Valentine's and Easter tea parties this year and she enjoyed them so much she wanted one for her birthday! We spent a lot of time making decorations - she made the two beautiful signs, rabbit ears and tags, painted keys and beautiful invitations. I made the centrepiece with the Mad Hatter's hat, the tissue paper flowers, and playing card garlands. Emma wanted the table to look "mad" with stacked tea cups, flowers, and tons of goodies everywhere. There were sugar cookies in the shape of diamonds, hearts, and clubs, raspberry tarts with whipping cream and chocolate, cupcakes, chocolate dipped strawberries, savouries and more! It was lots of fun! She even dressed up like Alice! I haven't had time before now to edit all of the pictures. I hope you enjoy this little glimpse into Wonderland! 



























6 comments:

  1. Beyond perfection!
    Everything is so pretty and detailed, I am amazed by all the work you and your sister had making this decoration!
    I love the cards hanging from the chandelier and the red/white roses! The key as a 'spoon' was really cute, not to mention those delicious looking food- What a real wonderland!
    Happy (un)birthday for your sister ♥
    Hugs, Medora!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible immersion in a fairy tale and miracle! How much work is necessary to prepare for the holiday! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Jenn! What an incredible display of EVERYTHING! One simply does not just "throw" things together and expect an outcome such as you and your sister created. It took time, effort, imagination, and love galore to make her birthday very memorable. I hope all your guests appreciated everything. I know I would. I would take in each and every single detail and just be delighted in my surroundings. Fantastic job! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved looking at your Alice in Wonderland decorations. So creative and pretty! The signs and tags are really fun. Have a beautiful week! Bess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your "wonderland" Birthday, what a fun theme and the decorations you both made are fantastic. Love the bunny ears on the mirror... so cute and the tissue paper flowers are wonderful. l bet the chocolate coated strawberries didn't last long....they look delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is very beautiful ! I am so surprised. Bravo !!!

    ReplyDelete