Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Soft Flowers

"Every flower is a soul
blossoming in nature."
                 ~Gerard de Nerval

   I bought a beautiful large antique picture frame near the beginning of the year. It had a very old floral still life in it and I couldn't decide whether I wanted to buy a new piece of art for it or have it measured for a mirror. Well I finally made a decision last week and had a mirror cut for it. I think it looks wonderful! I love grand mirrors (and small mirrors, medium-sized, ornate, simple, gilt, painted, round, etc. etc. *giggle*). What is special about this frame is that it has an original weathered cream finish. Sooooo lovely! 
   I have probably said before that my Mum is my biggest fan. Every new idea that I come up with she has to have at least 2-3 made just for her. :) She has quite a few Gillyflowers, two fairy ball gowns, a ribbon heart, and recently she made a special order for two ribbon flower wreaths. She had very specific colours and details in mind so it took me quite awhile to finish them. Here are a few photos of them. I gave them to her for Mother's Day :) It was very exciting watching her open them. Her eyes got very wide and she was speechless for a few minutes just staring with her mouth in a little round "O". 
   This post is kind of a 'mix-up' of things  - I found a pretty miniature wrought iron dress form and painted it cream not too long ago. This week I finally got around to "dressing" it. :) I made a tulle skirt and bodice and even fashioned a little necklace out of pearls and pink jewelry wire. This dress form is just my size at the moment. I would love to have a full sized wrought iron dress form - one day when I have room! 
   I hope you enjoy these random bits of loveliness! 

















I am sharing with:

6 comments:

  1. You do some of the prettiest posts I have ever seen!!! Seriously beautiful. I can see why your Mum is your biggest fan! I would be proud to have you for a daughter. That big mirror is gorgeous!!!! as are all the other pretties here. I love that little dress form! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so incredibly sweet Diana! Thankyou so much!
      Jennelise xo

      Delete
  2. I can imagine why your mother is your best fan...everything is so adorable. The little dress is such gorgeous!!!
    Hugs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Alessandra! That is so kind of you!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  3. Your eye for color, scale, creation, and composition are absolutely divine! You're so kind to share your art and inspiration with others. Thank you <3
    Best Regards,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Becky! You've made my day! Thankyou very much!
      Jennelise xo

      Delete