Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Among the Roses

"There is simply the rose; it is 
perfect in every moment of existence."
               ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


   July is flying by! For all the promises I made to blog more I have had a difficult time finding the spare minutes to take pictures for you! There is always a certain frenzy attached to summer - like the heart knows it needs to fit in as much fun and sunshine as it possibly can before the fall comes! I feel it especially in the country that I live in because summer is so short and the winter is soooo long. At any rate I did manage to take some photographs today to share with you. I have been lucky in the past few months to find a few more beautiful pieces of French china (my favourite as you know). If it is French and has roses on it I can't resist! Another of my weaknesses is pretty cake stands. I love them in porcelain or glass and I seem to be amassing a bit of a collection at this point. :) I hope you are all enjoying your summer days! 

















   

3 comments:

  1. very beautiful...love this... but could you tell me what the proper name for the dish in the 1st picture...is it a candy dish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Brandy,
      Thankyou for your comment! I believe the proper name is "compote". Take care!
      Best,
      Jennelise

      Delete