Saturday, April 8, 2017

Pamela's Pillows

"April's rare capricious loveliness."
                              ~Julia Dorr


    I'm excited today to share a project with you that I've been working on with a friend since the year began! Her name is Pamela and I have known and admired her for many years for her incredible talent and style. When I was growing up she had a beautiful bridal boutique called Victorian Rose and my Mother would take me and my sister to visit there often. My Mum would come home with the most beautiful treasures - exquisite pillows made by Pamela herself, little French limoges hand painted porcelain boxes, tiny silver frames, ring pillows and lingerie sachets for brides that became a part of my Mother's bedroom decor, and so much more. When Pamela closed her shop I remember feeling a little heart broken and my Mother and I still look back on our visits there with fond nostalgia. When Pamela announced last year that she had begun to make pillows again and wished to open an online shop I was thrilled! Today her shop is open and filled with exquisite hand sewn beauties that I am sure you will fall in love with just as I have! She has sought out the most beautiful fabrics and with her usual attention to detail and design has created an assortment of one of a kind decorative pillows that are sure to be the crowning detail of any room! It has been my absolute pleasure to work with her and you will see some of my handmade flowers included in her lovely designs. The first three pillows photographed have found a happy home with me and the rest are all available now in her brand new Etsy shop Pamela's Pillows! Please visit and explore her stunning creations and follow her on her facebook page HERE to stay updated when she lists new lovely pillows! 






Filled with down feather inserts every pillow has it's own unique touches. Pearl buttons from the bodice of a wedding gown dot this beautiful alencon lace pillow. Even the backs of the pillows are exquisite...





I was happy to make Pamela some special fabric flower brooches to add as a finishing touch. This soft pink linen and silk charmeuse pillow is to die for!  






One of a kind lace and silk appliques carefully saved from the days of Pamela's boutique are given new life in these lace and linen pillows!







At Pamela's Pillows you will find that every pillow has been given a unique name! The exquisite floral chiffon pillow with the handmade flower was inspired by the afternoon tea gowns in the acclaimed series Downton Abbey, and the stunning pink peony linen pillow brings the gardens of Paris home!





 Gorgeous fabrics! This embroidered floral is superb!




They look so beautiful grouped together!



I hope you have enjoyed this little glimpse into the world of Pamela's Pillows



5 comments:

  1. Pamela's Pillows are exquisite. Every applique, ribbon. piece of lace is so carefully and beautifully placed in perfect design. The ultimate detail is her finishing of the of the envelpe where the pillow fill is inserted. Thank you for sharing Pamela's stunning treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, by all that is holy---those are some of the most exquisite pillows I have seen in a long time. They are gorgeous and she is very talented. Off to visit her shop and thanks for the link to it. You are a good friend to her and so sweet to do this. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete