Friday, February 2, 2018

Making Magic

"Creativity is piercing the mundane
to find the marvellous." 
                   ~Bill Moyers 


   I started working from home a few years back because of a health problem that made it impossible for me to have a normal 9 to 5 job. It felt like divine intervention that I was introduced to the online world of selling and inspiration around the same time and I embraced it! It took awhile for me to learn exactly what worked for me and to build my own name and style in this universe, but it was definitely an exciting journey. I didn't start out with a special workspace but it became something that was absolutely essential and my "studio" as I liked to call it was born. Now I have everything right where I need it and I know exactly what kind of mood and environment I work best in. I love to be surrounded by beautiful things. They feed my soul and inspire me. You can't be imaginative in an unimaginative space! I also love music and I listen to it everyday while I work or play. I am constantly uplifted by positive phrases and affirmations and I love to read books that help me to be confident and to value who I am. At the moment I am obsessed with Miranda Kerr's Treasure Yourself and Empower Yourself. I choose an affirmation from them everyday to repeat to myself and it helps me to focus on positive thoughts and weed out the negative ones that creep in. These are just a few of the things that help me to be me and to do what I love to do here on Jennelise Rose. How do you access your creativity? 










A list of a few of my favourite songs right now...







1 comment:

  1. You have such a beautiful spot to call your own. I don't work well in chaos or disorder either. I am so glad you found the perfect solution to your problem and that you can work from home. What a blessing to be able to do something you love AND do it in a spot that you love.
    You do beautiful work, sweet Jennelise. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete