Thursday, April 26, 2012

Crafty and Creative

"It is better to create than to be learned,
creating is the true essence of life."
                  ~Barthold Georg Niebuhr

   I am always astonished by the incredible things I see people make! I wonder 'how on earth did they do that?' or 'where did that idea come from?' Etsy is a source of such amazing creativity! I haven't known about Etsy very long - a year or two maybe - but it is so much fun to browse through the beautiful handmade treasures there. I have friends on pinterest with boards that are devoted to beautiful crafts and projects that have inspired them. I have never been particularly crafty - drawing and art were always my interests. I am so impressed by the creations of other people displayed on blogs and online markets though! They made me want to try a few simple crafts myself, so here are a few photographs of my attempts. A paper dress, a rosette ribbon crown, one of my inspiration scrapbooks, some ribbon bows, a paper crown, cards, a gift tag, and a paper rose. I hope you enjoy looking at them and perhaps you will share some of your favorite crafts with me!

You can visit me on Facebook now!!! Come and see my new page!

I am sharing with these blog parties:
What's It Wednesday
Show and Tell Friday































Drawing by Jennelise

11 comments:

  1. I love your post, with all the pretty bows and soft pastel colours.
    The little dress in the card is so cute, I love all your work.
    Hugs,
    Angela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! We both know you are an incredibly talented lady yourself! I was looking at some of your older photographs the other day - cribs and pillows and so many beautiful things! You are amazing :)
      Jennelise

      Delete
  2. oh I can't stand it :D how adorable and pretty is everything!? You also obviously have the crafting gift too. Usually when a person is a true artist, they can do more than one thing, for example your drawings.....the artistry there carries over into other areas. I can see where this is going LOL....good for you! blessings Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh - you are so kind :) I think I will probably stick to drawing though - these crafts took me FOREVER!!! Haha! Thankyou for your lovely words -take care!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  3. I completely agree with Lady! Jennelise...you are gifted in so many ways...
    Please think about selling cards, and tags, and more creations...everything is so SOOOO beautiful!
    Bravo, sweet friend!
    xoxo,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Irina! You are always so sweet! I am working on making cards and tags to sell. There is a bit more involved in getting them ready. When the wedding is over I will have more time (and money) to devote to it :) Look for them in the summertime!!! Thanks again!
      Jennelise xo

      Delete
  4. Are you kidding me? You are CRAZY-Crafty, Jennelise! That's some precious little stuff you've done. Keep on drawing! Keep on crafting! Let the creativity flow; it's rewarding and can be great stress relief. And if your life gets busier as the years go by, it's always there to come back to, in one way or another. The key is to just keep doing it as much as you can. Self-expression is simply a requirement for imaginative people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thankyou! I definitely need an outlet for my creative energies :) My Mum uses hers to make her home more beautiful everyday. I like to make something pretty and my sister is bursting with imagination!!! I guess we are all de-stressing in our own ways. :)
      Jennelise

      Delete
  5. I look forward to it!
    Thank you, and enjoy the wedding preparations...have you decided on a gift?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey jennelise,
    What a beautiful design That you make WoW WoW WoW.
    Mvg Gina Belgium

    ReplyDelete