Sunday, March 25, 2012

Snow

"If we had no winter,
the spring would not be so pleasant..."
                   ~Anne Bradstreet

   I am definitely starting to really and truly long for spring! I want sunshine and flowers and longer days! Today, instead, I woke up and it was snowing. I am certain that spring cannot be too far away though. I think I have been spoiled actually - our winter has definitely not been as bad this year as other years. I also know that some of my longings are stemming from the beautiful photos that I keep seeing on so many blogs whose authors are living in warmer climates. How I envy your beautiful flowers beginning to grow! At any rate I am determined to make the best of it, so here are some wintry photos for you and with any luck they will soon be followed by spring pictures! I also discovered this pretty ad on youtube. Enjoy!











Drawing by Jennelise

3 comments:

  1. Spring is on its way.. I promise! I love your floral coffee pot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I know very little about snow; I'm in the lower States. The photos of your white-covered landscaping are intriguing; frosty. Pretty! My husband spent his younger life in the U.S.'s "Midwest" snow and grew weary with always being cold after temporary stays in California, where there is rarely need for winter coats, and temps are higher (so he was warmer!). Snow is lovely; I do love the expression, "a blanket of snow" because it does describe a cloak of white, to me and my untrained eye. And, yes, your chandelier's "icey" crystals do resemble sparkling, falling snow, I must imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote, dear Jennelise! This snowfall will help Spring taste that much sweeter...it's right around the corner. Such lovely images, and beautiful chandy!
    Hugs,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete