Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Wild Fleur

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever:
its loveliness increases; it will never
pass into nothingness."
              ~John Keats

   I love to look at beautiful things! Part of the reason I love photography is because it is just another way of 'seeing' something lovely. I photograph my Mum's house and she always says - "you make it look so much prettier than it is!" - which is nonsense, she just looks at it everyday and can't truly see how pretty it is until I've caught it with my camera. Sometimes we look at things everyday, all day, or so often that they become commonplace and we lose our ability to appreciate them until a time away opens our eyes again. I see photographs on beautiful blogs and I am immediately inspired! Even if I have seen roses before - one photograph will strike a chord inside of me and suddenly the sight of roses is entirely new and magical again! This is how I felt when I happened upon Camille's blog The Wild Fleur. The photographs are soft, playful, and absolutely beautiful! I love Camille's thoughts and her obviously positive way of looking at life - if I had to guess I would say her mantra would be similar to Keats'! I hope you enjoy browsing through these few photos I have gleaned to wet your appetite - visit The Wild Fleur to see much, much more! (She also has pictures of some of the prettiest shoes I have ever seen!)


































12 comments:

  1. *sigh* beautiful, inspiring images :)
    Have a great day!
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get enough pretty! I realize that I'm a hoarder of pretty images...I grab for that beautiful rose every time I see one! Thanks for sharing your blog love Jenny. I'm off to check it out...I have that same pair of chanel shoes *winks* Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. Those really ARE awesome aaward-winning photos.

    Sigh.

    Just gorgeous.

    Going to go over there now, see you in a few hours, haha.

    Thanks, J - appreciate your sharing this with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my most favorite of Keats' - I memorized it when I was eight years old from a book of poems my grandmother gave to me just before she passed away. I've discovered that the classics to which I was exposed as a child have stayed with me all through the years, and it makes me feel very grateful.

    I understand what you mean about sort of becoming blind to beauty that is right before us, and how we have to rediscover it with new eyes. In terms of the small and large material objects, I had a wise woman tell me that's why she liked to do the "dusting," so that she could hold the pretty things and take her time over each treasured piece; otherwise, she'd pass through the room and not really "see" the room.

    Lovely to be introduced yet again to a beautiful blog via Jennelise. I have never seen anything like those pearly Chanels. Thank you for passing forward another "favorite" for my increasingly-large Favorites list. I'll be spending the entire day on the computer if this keeps up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What an honor to be featured on your lovely blog. Thank you for the beautiful words and for including so many of my photos. I'm incredibly flattered :-)

    xo camille @ the wild fleur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it Camille! I just love your blog! - it is truly gorgeous :) I hope you will stop by again. Take care!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  6. "We fail to appreciate beauty in everyday common place things"... how beautifully you portrayed this sentiment through these loving words in your post and the inspiring images! Wonderfully written and highlighted through the beautiful pictures! Thanks for inspiring us and for your sweet note on my book accents. A pleasure having you visit me!Have a great weekend!~Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like your mom, mine is always surprised at how things look better on camera. Sometimes it's good to see things in a new way to appreciate them. Your pictures always make even the simpliest thing look good. You have a great eye for good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am ooohing and aaahing at every image!
    So lovely..

    What a happy surprise to receive your special package today...THANK YOU!!
    Now the search begins for the perfect frame...
    Merci,sweet friend...it is an honor to have your gorgeous art grace my home :)
    xoxo,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it Irina!! That makes me very happy :) Thankyou again for buying a print - I hope that it looks pretty in your home. Take care!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  9. Hello! I absolutely love your blog! This particular post is full of inspiration that makes me happy to be a woman!

    My name is Kristen Crosby and I just wanted to see if you received my comment about a possible guest post on your blog. If you could email me at kirsten.c@designshuffle.com that would be fantastic.

    Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete