Wednesday, March 4, 2015

March Days

"It was one of those March days
when the sun shines hot and the
wind blows cold: when it is summer
in the light, and winter in the shade."
                   ~Charles Dickens
                      Great Expectations

   I missed so much of the beginning of the new year that it feels strange it is already March. March feels like the winter month that wishes it was spring. It pretends once or twice a week with sunshine, clear air and wet pavement but it stops daydreaming by the evening and the next day the skies are grey again. Still - I feel the whispers of spring and I am ready to embrace spring things! The light is always so grey and dim in my house it is difficult to take pictures sometimes. Yesterday the sun was shining and I took advantage of it by snapping pictures of pretty things for the shop and I had so much fun that I couldn't stop! I set up a few vignettes and snapped pictures until I was out of breath and had missed lunch by a good couple hours. I hope everyone is enjoying the start of the month! Thankyou for your kind words about the Daphne's Diary feature which you left me here and on Facebook! Your encouragement always means so much to me!



















4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post as always! I always love your breathtaking photographs! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post!! <3 are you on instagram? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoy your pictures. I am eagerly waiting the items from your shop that I ordered, in particular the heart that you made! You are so talented. I dream to try to make a flower (definitely I am behind the times!), but it will have to wait. I regularly check Meadow Street for "the perfect flower", although the one I have is so nice. I wish it were spring so I could get in the garden. Wishing you lots of flowers! Karen in NC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh. It all so lovely. Cheering me up looking at your lovely post.

    ReplyDelete