Saturday, May 19, 2012

Wedding Gowns

"There is something about a
wedding gown prettier than any
other gown in the world."
        ~Douglas Jerrod, 1859

   I'm sorry if my posts are a little more infrequent lately. I swear that this week has passed with hardly two minutes between activities for me to rest! As exciting as wedding preparations are I am looking forward to quieter days. Only two more weeks left to plan! I can hardly believe it. Where has May gone? Back when my sister first announced she was getting married I started drawing new sketches of wedding gowns to put myself in the proper frame of mind. If you remember, last June I did a series of bridal dresses one of which I used for my sister's bridal shower invitations. Here are six new gowns! I hope that you like them and will tell me which are your favorites. I loved the one called 'Tess' so much that I had prints made back in April which are available on my Etsy Shop along with two of my 2011 favorites as a Wedding Gown Trio.  Let me know what you think! I really do love to hear from everyone!

                                                                  Tess

                                                      Georgianna

                                                    Genevieve

                                                              Eloise

                                                         Veronique

Aria

Drawings by Jennelise


13 comments:

  1. Jennelise, one day I'm going to make one of your dresses! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennelise! These are all incredible! But I think you can guess which one would be my favorite. :)

    Before I was married, I used to do sketches of wedding dresses, too. None so lovely as yours but maybe I'll dig them up and take a look at them.

    Wishing you and your sister and family all the very best for the wedding.

    xo

    Georgianna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see your sketches! I'm sure they are beautiful! Thankyou for your kind wishes!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  3. These are really lovely sketches,
    love the Eloise the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I wanted to do a traditional full skirt dress in a different color - Eloise was the result :) I appreciate your kind words!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  4. Oooh! These are all so breath taking!The Aria is my favourite!! I adore shape of the bodice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How gorgeous are your drawings!
    I love Tess the best.
    Every blessing to you and your family for the wedding.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are many dissimilar types of weddings conducted all over the United States today. Some individuals decide to have a theme wedding, such as a tropical beach party or renaissance themed wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How on earth could I choose a favorite??? They are amazing! Can't wait to someday see them on a runway ;))
    So much talent, Jennelise...
    xoxo,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo Soooo beautiful!!!!!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete