Monday, September 8, 2014

Cream and Blush

"Autumn seemed to arrive
suddenly that year. The morning
of the first of September was 
crisp and golden as an apple."
              ~J. K. Rowling
                Harry Potter 
                and the Deathly Hallows

   Autumn definitely arrived suddenly and then what did I wake up to this morning but...snow. Yes you heard me right. I'm hoping it was a freak storm. It was very strange to see the trees - many of which are still full and green - covered in white. My sister who was visiting today said that she loved the weather. It made her feel cozy and her favourite thing in the world was to stay in on a day like today. I like that feeling too but I'm also not quite ready to put away my little jacket and opt for a heavy winter coat just yet. 
I think my favourite combination of colours is cream and blush. Nothing could be more romantic. I took some photos the other day of some new additions to the soft creamy decor in my home. The dresser was a wood finish before it was painted a beautiful warm cream colour to match the vanity it sits beside. 

Also a few new items in the Etsy Shop!
*****************************

















I am sharing with:

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, I pinned that lovely cream and blush fabric flower! Where do you live that there is snow already?! We are melting in San Diego! Have a great week! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. SNOW? Wow....living in Florida I can only imagine, as it's so hot here! Beautiful photos as always...xo Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg! Snow already, I love that fluffy stuff...lol....I agree with your sister, I love the cozy feel of snow days ;)
    As always your home and items are breath taking...

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhh, cold temperatures... the clean, fresh dazzle of sparking white...snow! (sigh).
    can't come too soon for me. we are in the midst of a heat wave in northern california and i am longing for sweaters.
    your northern light in canada is so lovely and soft...thanks for sharing another peek into your beautiful home, jennelise.
    i truly enjoy your blog ♥
    karla
    polka dot rose

    ReplyDelete