Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Elegant and Old Fashioned

"Tis the last rose of summer,
Left blooming alone;
All her lovely companions
Are faded and gone." 
         ~Thomas Moore

  It is September and I can't believe it. Summer is wafting away and the cool breeze tells me that Autumn is just around the corner. I will enjoy the last of the sunshine and summer fruits though and pretend that I don't notice the falling leaves on my street - at least until Thanksgiving is here and there is glorious apple pie to soften the blow. I have been taking pictures the last day or two just to here the click of the shutter. I didn't have any ideas when I started but I think these vignettes are pretty and romantic and tell a little story about my love for elegant, old fashioned things. I hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend and although I might not feel it I will wish it for everyone - Happy September! 


















I am sharing with: 

4 comments:

  1. Aqui no Brasil estamos entrando na primavera, e esta muito quente e florido...
    amei os objetos lindos de decoração. Beijos
    Vivi Cherry
    http://casacherry.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love your mirror in 1st photo! Where did you find it? Love, love, love your ceiling light fixture - appears to be in a closet? My goodness! Great stuff, great photos. Still hot and humid where I live. Enjoying the extended summer, not complaining one bit. Happy Sept. to you, also. Enjoy the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine! I found the mirror in a nice antique store during a trip out of town. Always exciting to find something special like that! It sounds like the weather where you are is just lovely! Next week's forecast is threatening snow - I am trying not to think about it :) Summer ends so abruptly here! Hope you're having a lovely weekend!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, you have such dreamy and romantic furnishings! Everything looks so beautiful.

    I want to thank you for your sweet words about my dream closet. I truly appreciate the visit!

    ReplyDelete