Friday, June 19, 2015

Coloured Cream with Roses

"It was June, and the world 
smelled of roses. The sunshine 
was like powdered gold over 
the grassy hillside." 
      ~Maud Hart Lovelace
            Betsy-Tacy and Tib, 1941

   Every home naturally evolves over the years. When I was growing up most of our furniture was dark wood - mahogany, walnut, oak - warm and rich. We went from one extreme to the next incorporating white furniture with a seaside feeling, embracing the advent of 'Shabby Chic'. Eventually though my Mother realized that what she really loved was a predominantly French look of soft creams and feminine lines. Very Marie Antoinette, albeit a little less opulent. I have always been a little like a carbon copy of my Mum. We love the same things! So when we happen upon beautiful, soft, cream coloured treasures we are both equally excited! 


This chair is one of a pair that my Mum and I happened upon. Love the original cream finish with the floral upholstery! 

I am always experimenting with new ideas for handmade treasures. This handmade ribbon work ornament is in the Etsy shop now!  

 This is the smallest in a trio of nesting tables I found at an antique mall outside town. Lovely cream colour again with gold detail and painted flowers!


 You can find this painted frame in my shop too!






 My Mum and I both collect Limoges! We love these shallow teacups.






 Lovely French Provincial dresser - a little chippy but sooooo romantic!

This Limoges Pitcher is so beautiful - it has a small flaw but who could pass it up! 


 Pretty china tray in cream and pink!





 One of my favourite finds - a Limoges dresser tray with a pale yellow border.








I am sharing with:

11 comments:

  1. Always so feminine and lovely here...it's a treat for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! I always love to hear from you!
      Jennelise xo

      Delete
  2. Beautiful things! Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such feminine eleagace Jennelise...

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy weekend Jennelise...l love all your beautiful vintage finds, especially the Limoges china...it's so hard to find here and always expensive. Your ribbonwork ball ornament is stunning and such pretty colours and fabrics you've used. Thanks for sharing all your pretties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou!! Limoges china seems to be expensive everywhere! I definitely have to look much harder now than I did years ago. Always lovely to hear from you!
      Jennelise xo

      Delete
  5. Everything is so pretty and I just love your collection of Limoges! I am also so excited to see you quote Maud Hart Lovelace from her wonderful Betsy~Tacy series. I love those books and can't wait to share them with my granddaughter when she's a little older.
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister and I read those books when we were little! They are very sweet. :) I had a collection of old books for children when I was small and they are still my favourite. Thankyou for stopping by!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  6. Might I inquire about the rug shown in several of your photos? Where did you find such an amazing piece of beauty? I would almost be tempted to hang it on a wall as artwork! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! The rug is needlepoint and I purchased it from a French inspired boutique in my city years ago. Sadly the store closed at the beginning of this year. I wish that I had bought another of their beautiful rugs. Some of my furniture was from that shop as well. I don't think I was told what the company name was for the rugs they just had them displayed in their home decor section. I have seen some beautiful abusson rugs on ebay over the years though. Thankyou for your message!
      Jennelise xo

      Delete