Saturday, June 6, 2015

Handmade Chandelier

"Chandeliers are marvels of 
drop-dead showiness, the 
jewellery of architecture."
               ~Peter York

  I love to make things and my ideas get more ambitious everyday! I have toyed with the idea of some kind of hanging chandelier-like ornament for awhile but could never sort out in my mind how I would go about making it. One day a couple weeks ago I got out my supplies and just started. I had a picture in my mind (which felt really simple and turned out to be extremely difficult) and I tried to bring it into being as best I could. I made ribbon flowers and used a lot of trims, rosettes and gold glass shard glitter and this is how it turned out! 












I am sharing with:

4 comments:

  1. That is simply magical, so sweet, must have taken quite some time, well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you make your frame? Love the tatted accents....so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennelise your chandy is truly splendid...what a fabulous creation!!

    ReplyDelete