Monday, June 29, 2015

Vintage Lace

"Lace is formed from the absence 
of substance; it is imagined in the 
spaces between the threads... "
                ~Iris Anthony

   I have been having fun lately scouring antique stores, flea markets, and sales for treasures for the shop. It is getting a little harder to find the really romantic pieces! I am having to go further afield. If you follow me on Instagram you will have seen all of the lovely antiques that I have seen lately while I was on my trips. Mostly what I have come home with is lots of lace! Vintage lace is one of my absolute favourites. Antique blouses and slips, doilie, scarves, remnants - it is all special and can be used in so many ways! Here are a few photos of some lace I have found recently. 

Also, some of my acquisitions are already in the Etsy shop so be sure to have a look! 






Just for fun - a detail shot of a piece of artwork I have hanging in my bedroom.


This Gillyflower is in the Etsy shop now!





I experimented making a little ribbon work box. It was very tricky! I will have to keep experimenting before I get it just right. 









I am sharing with: 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Jennelise, yes I agree vintage lace is irresistible and can be put to so many uses. Your little covered box is divine......so shabby romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my so much loveliness over here. I too cannot pass up romantic, lacy gowns and vintage linens, pearls and handbags and vintage jewels and flowers. Love your sweet photographs.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so very, very beautiful!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is a romantic dream.
    Hugs
    Alesandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennelise, your laces are just exquisite! I long for soft, romantic beauty, and I always find it here. So lovely. Happy 4th!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete