Friday, November 1, 2013

Ruffles, Roses, and Pearls

"November comes
And November goes
With the last red berries
And the first white snows.

With night coming early,
And dawn coming late,
And ice in the bucket
And frost by the gate.

The fires burn
And the kettles sing,
And earth sinks to rest
Until next spring."
         ~Clyde Watson

    One day the sun was shining, the leaves were falling in little circling eddies, and you hardly needed a coat to go outside. I went to sleep in a fall dream and woke up to a heavily filtered light, grey and soft, through my window. When I teased back the curtain what did I find?…Snow, snow, falling snow and now suddenly overnight winter has come! I meant to take a photo for you that first day but the snow made me melancholy and somehow taking its picture seemed like giving it permission to be there - which I most certainly did not. At any rate the temperature is dipping and more snow is coming and the only good thing about it is that it means CHRISTMAS IS COMING!! Probably not what everyone wants to hear just yet but I am definitely starting to get in the mood. 
I have made a goal for November that I will try to take more photos and post more frequently. This week I wandered around the house making little vignettes and rediscovering the things my camera can do (it's amazing how quickly you forget). I hope you like these few pictures! I am also going to try listing things in the store quite frequently this month. Here is the first little batch of goodies and there are some real treasures here so be sure to have a look! 

NEW IN THE ETSY SHOP

****************************************























I am sharing with:

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I don't blame you for not taking a picture of the snow. I woke up to snow a about a week ago, ugh! But it has since melted and has been lovely Fall weather.

    Your pictures are beautiful!

    Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow isn't welcome here either, Jennelise! It's waaay too early!
    Oh, such pretty, frothy, fluffy, pink, and pearly, pretties! Love your mirror and the floral prints in their gilded frames. I love all this femininity! Thank you for sharing this at my HOME and have a beautiful weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such Amazing and Beautiful Photos. I love all the sparkles and pearls and the pink dress is divine. I swoon whenever I stop by your blog. Just lovely. Hugs, Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are lovely Jennelise and the vignettes are beautiful. l can understand you not being ready for Winter but as you say, Christmas is only just round the corner, and that's something to look forward to....loved the poem also. Have a wonderful week coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really have some beautiful things! I love how you have photographed them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. everything is just breathtakingly gorgeous! thanks for stopping in to say hi ;) Christie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hallo. Das sind ja schöne Kostbarkeiten.
    Liebe GRÜße aus Germany. Jana.

    ReplyDelete