Friday, July 1, 2016

A Day with Heirlooms

"If you wait until you have enough money 
to decorate and make your home your own 
it will never happen. If you wait until you 
can afford to buy everything new you are
missing the point. It is the old, the new, the 
made, the hand-me-down, the collected, the 
worn (but loved) things in your home that
make it your own."
               ~Stacy Risenmay

   Well I have had a summer cold all week which has not been fun! Colds should not exist when the sun is shining and the weather is warm in my opinion. It is July! I can hardly believe how the time has flown. The season of sun is here and all of the favourite pastimes of the summer are waiting around the corner! I can hardly wait! Because I was sick this week I didn't get the chance to take lots of pictures. The week previous though I helped out at my favourite antique store for a day and I did take some quick photos with my phone of just a few of the gorgeous treasures to be found there. I wanted to capture details-- the cut of antique crystal, a pretty painted face on a figurine, the gilt patina of a mirror, little things that help to make antiques and vintage pieces so special. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Remember to enjoy the little things in life...sometimes they are the most important! 



















2 comments:

  1. Hi - Heirlooms looks like an amazing place. Spacious with a lot of merchandise. Love the mirror you're facing, love the crystal, love the figurines, aw heck, bring it all home girl! Hope your sniffles get better; try some Vitamin C daily, 500 mg.

    ReplyDelete