Sunday, July 1, 2012

What I'm Reading...

"I am a product of long corridors,
empty sunlit rooms, upstairs indoor
silences, attics explored in solitude,
distant noises of gurgling citerns and
pipes, and the noise of wind under
the tiles. Also of endless books."
                   ~C.S. Lewis

   I am learning to enjoy little things - small things that happen everyday instead of the long anticipation of large experiences. I think I'm happier that way taking pleasure in the blessings that are apparent and often unacknowledged. I love the sunshine today that has been broken by the odd cloud cover. The sudden rain that was over soon after the first clap of thunder. I love that yesterday was spent with my family doing the things we love to do. I love the light in my room in the early morning. I love the taste of a soft boiled egg in an egg cup. I love a new book.
I am reading three new books right now and I wanted to share them with you one at a time. The first is a new decorating book by Tricia Guild that unexpectedly caught my eye. It is full of color and beautiful photography. I love the way she combines patterns and textures, old and new things, and the atmosphere of abundance that her rooms have. Some of the photos in her book are intentionally unfocussed and misty and the effect is so incredibly beautiful. I know you will like some of the pictures! I have paired my favourite pages with brightly colored things to inspire you. Enjoy and have a lovely sunday!

Sharing with:
What's It Wednesday
















































5 comments:

  1. Georgous...so many beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Jennelise...everything is so gorgeous, I can hardly stand it!
    I will have to check out this fabulous book...
    Sweet friend, I am so glad you are enjoying your summer. I am finally caught up with your posts, as my blogging visits have been erratic in the past busy month. I am so glad your sister's wedding was wonderful...
    Have a lovely week...
    xoxo,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful, post! Your pretties paired so well with each page they almost melted together. You need a book of your own!
    Gorgeous, I know I will come back to this post many times.
    Please share it at the linky party, it's wonderful!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful photographs! I love the colors! True eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely and colorful post, I have shared on my Pinterest, so many great images. It makes me want to read this book too. I love your vintage and antique items!!

    ReplyDelete