a spirit of discernment, are diamonds and pearls."
~Jean de la Bruyere, translated from French
I am still not over my flu bug - which means I am moving slower than usual. Oh well! I wanted to post something pretty today. I have a little notebook that I write ideas and inspirations in (I'm sure I have mentioned it before) and I look at it when I need an imaginative boost! This week though because I am feeling under the weather I just picked up my camera and started moving things around and taking quick shots until I thought something looked pretty. Sometimes those photos turn out the best! I emptied my jewelry box and took pictures of the sparkly mess on my bed where the lighting was horrible. The shot wasn't so good but it made me start pulling things out and playing with them. I love jewelry - old jewelry especially. The pieces that have a beautiful old fashioned, or delicate design are always the ones that catch my eye. You will see from my pictures that I also love pearls! I hope you like these few photos of 'pretty things' and the little drawing I am including with them. She is another spontaneous creation :) (P.S. The ribbon rose in the final photo is by Meadow Street)
I am linking to Your Cozy Home Party!
Drawing by Jennelise
Jennelise, thank you for linking up to my party, I really appreciate it. Feeling under the weather certainly didn't seem to adversely affect your creativity. Pink just happens to be my favorite color so I love the dainty pinkness in the photos.ReplyDelete
Feel better soon and thanks again!------- Shannon
Hello Shannon! It was a pleasure to join your party! Thankyou for visiting and telling me about it! I love pink soooo much! I always have :) Take care!Delete
Jennelise, I just get weak in the knees visiting your blog. Your photos are stunning. It's so fun to visit and be inspired by your beautiful eye candy.ReplyDelete
Jennelise ~ I happened upon your blog and your pics are just so lovely! I see you are Canadian, so am I, but I live in Utah now. Where are you from? Are you not friends with Jo of Vintage Rose Collection? I seem to remember her mentioning you to me...we are best buds! I'm so glad I found your blog! ~Stacy~ReplyDelete
Hi Stacy! I'm from Alberta! I love Utah - my family and I had a holiday there a few years ago :) I am friends with Jo-anne. I have done a few designs for her - she is s lovely lady! It's so nice to meet you! Thankyou for your kind words!Delete
Jennelise, I have enjoyed your creativity, and the pale pink is just soooo soothing. I'm visiting from the Cozy Home Party.ReplyDelete
I near swoon looking at all your gorgeous items!
Your pictures are just beautiful ;)
I love coming over to visit your lovely blog.....
Very, very pretty! Love your drawings, you should write and illustrate a children's book...about a beautiful princess that loves clothes.ReplyDelete
Your photo's are so pretty! It's always a pleasure visiting your blog....very inspirational.
I agree with all your readers! So lovely...ReplyDelete
Linda at Beautiful Ideas
Soooo much pretty Jenny! Isn't it true that sometimes those spontaneous shots just turn out the best? Seems when I'm trying hard to make the shot "something"...it never works out *sighs* But when I'm shooting things for the heck of it they seem to turn out better. *winks*ReplyDelete
You have such beautiful collections. It's always a pleasure to see what you've been up to. I hope you feel better very soon. Vanna
I know what you mean! - I tried when I was sick to set up some little scenes and they did NOT work (probably because my brain was mushy) :) Thanks for your get well wishes!Delete
Good Lord Almighty those are beautiful photos! Your jewelry looks almost exactly like mine with tons of pearls and sparkles, and that lampshade is gonna give me a heart attack it's so beautiful! I posted it on my Pinterest, and i bet a million people will "Pin" it!ReplyDelete
Haha! It sounds like we have VERY similar tastes :) I love that lampshade. A friend of mine made it for me and I added the rose from Meadow Street. Thanks for the pin! Take care!Delete
We love pretty things any pretty things, your pictures are gorgeous!!ReplyDelete
1) Love the drawing; it's a 3-for-1 elegant "paper doll" with two bonus outfits. She's so stylish!ReplyDelete
2) Fave photos: creamy pearls spilling out of crystal pitcher; perfect pinks of rose and plate and jewelry, as if they are a matched trio (photo just prior to your drawing).
3) Grateful you have the eye and a good camera. I've recently tried to enjoy a new blog of someone else's but her photos are of such poor quality, I imagine due to the equipment, that it's too much of a struggle to really soak up the beauty of the images, which is a shame. The visual has to be good!
4) Sorry you've had the flu! It caught up with me at Christmas, I think because my recent/late "flu shot" (immunization) hadn't had a chance to take effect. Not a fun time. Take time to mend!
5) Did you ever get into Barbies? The newer ones (silkstones) which often give a nod to vintage Barbie (1959-1964, the best!) have incredible detail and couture fashion. On Mattel's site, "Barbie Collector," fan-club members have gotten a peek at the 2012 collection and they're gorgeous...one is in an aqua cocktail dress and another has fishnet black hosiery, a black feather hat and a sort of 'ashes of roses' suit. I love that Vera Wang, Zac Posen, Carolina Herrera and many, many other "real life" fashion designers have designed for Barbie over the last twenty years or so. I loved that my Barbie doll was high-fashion when I was a little girl! In her earlier heydey, the clothes and accessories were exceptionally well-made; gosh, how I wish I had held onto them. I think it gave 10-year-old girls something to aspire to...how to dress really well and put together the right accessories for a great look. What can I say, but still "girly" after all these years and I still love Barbie. And all that Barbie PINK!
Hi Vicki! Thankyou for your comments and kind words! I didn't have many barbies growing up but I did have one that was special in a pink ballgown! (Of course:) I will have to look at the silkstones. I have never heard of them! Thanks again!Delete
So sorry to hear that you're still not feeling well. But your pictures are beautiful. Such lovely jewelry. True yummyness for the eyes!ReplyDelete
Thankyou everyone for your comments! It is so nice to hear from you! Thanks for the get well wishes too!! I am feeling quite icky today - hopefully not too much longer! Take care! Your encouragement always brightens my day!ReplyDelete
Great photos dear! And what a lovely blog you have! Hope you are feeling better! xxReplyDelete
What a Beutiful, beautiful blog. Saw this on Cozy Home Scenes Link party and just had to come. I love love love your stuff. And I too love pink. I wish I had more of it!! I just signed up for your posts to be emailed and as a follower. So many yummy things I want to explore here.ReplyDelete
I love your pretty things! That flu must have not affected your creative perspective - your pics are as gorgeous as ever :) I too, collect vintage jewelry... and share many of your same thoughts about them. I often wonder who's worn them, to where, etc. Hope you are feeling better !ReplyDelete
So lovely! Love your pretty jewelry! Hope you're having a grand evening. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouseReplyDelete